Saturday, March 7, 2009

painting mishaps - blending

so i decided today to try to experiment on my AoBR captain... to try to see how i could do blending, before i finish my marine army, and start my daemons or eldar.

well... this is what happened.

Photobucket
Photobucket

ignore the lines i made... i was not in the zone for straight lines this morning when i was trying to practice lining as well. the blue cape on the commander, and the green tabard on the front...

i think they could have come out better... after chatting with a few people i was told my technique was right, but my method was wrong. so i have opted for some painting lessons to aide my painting... which i don't think is terrible... but i want it to be better.

also... during this experiment i dropped a pot of 'ardcoat on myself... awesome...
and i also discovered vallejo paints, i think... are much better for painting minis due to the finer pigment than that of the GW stuff.

3 comments:

  1. stick with the GW metallics whenever possible, though. The vallejo ones have much larger metal fleck in them and often times behave less predictably.

    What color is that you're using for the yellow on all your marines?

    Also, dunno if you're interested, but I'm sitting on 20 (I think) of the shoulder pads from the red scorpion upgrades (going on 30).

    ReplyDelete
  2. the yellow is the iyanden darksun foundation color. the fluff about the red scorpions said they wear a mustard yellow... and that's about as close to mustard and opaque as i was going to get. i think it looks pretty nice though.

    as far as the pads go... i'm willing to talk about it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll catch you about the pads one my forgeworld order finally gets here.

    ReplyDelete