Thursday, February 26, 2009

1500 DE vs. Blood Angels

There is a FLGS a couple exits up the highway from where I am staying in GA called Phoenix Games. It's a super nice store with some display cases up front, and the GW product range lining both side walls. In the back are ten very nice tables, that I think, are lacking terrain, aside from one table that if were true to life scale would be similar to a 40k battle in downtown new york.

Wednesdays are the 40k nights at the store, so I was told, and since I was off yesterday, and I needed some quiet, decent lighting, and to get away from the house... I decided to spend my afternoon painting my scout squad for my new Red Scorpions army.

When 5:30 came around, I was excited to finally start playing, only that... no one had shown up to play, so I was a little disappointed. I took a quick walk to convenience mart nearby to grab some gum and a drink, and when I got back, we did have one kid show up. I wish I could remember his name.

Anyway, we played a quick 1500 point game and it went something like this:
Again, sorry no pictures. My computer won't recognize my camera for whatever reason.


Blood Angels:

Terminator Chaplain
Chaplain: plasma pistol, jump pack, Death Company x5

Terminator Squad, Assault Cannon x2

Scout Squad: heavy bolter
Scout Squad: ML
Assault Squad: 5 marines, 2x Plasma Pistol, Sgt: Plasma Pistol
Assault Squad: 5 marines, 2x Plasma Pistol, Sgt: Plasma Pistol

Devastator Squad: 2x Plasma Cannon

Rhino.

Looking back on it now, I realize that the rhino really wasn't a legal entry, since the scouts can't be in a rhino, and neither can the assault squads. But OK. no big deal when I was playing, I thought there was something inside. I'll let him know next time I see him.

My List:

6x Haemonculi
3x Raider Squads
2x Wych Squads
3x Ravagers

running with minimum model count for everything.

We played on the New York City Board... with WAY too much cover to give him a chance at winning, the game was quarters, 5 objectives. we placed objectives and I went first, placing all 3 of mine as close as I could together in my right side quarter. He did the same opposite. We then rolled for quarters, he won and chose the one with two objectives, instead of 3. he deployed everything as close to center as he could, and sat his scout squads in his back quarter on the objectives, and placed the dev squad on the tallest building on the map giving his plasma cannons LOS on pretty much the whole board. I place everything as far away as I could from the PlasCans, trying to get my raiders out of range. I don't seize the day, and so turn one begins.

He jumps all this troops forward, and everything is out of range, so no shooting.I move everything forwards 12 along my board edge, and place one raider in a building with an objective, and unload my troops. I steer my wyches towards the middle of the board where there is a small empty square, free of terrain, where I feel like our armies will meet for combat. I have an assault squad in rapid fire range of my raiders, and all the fire leaves it destroyed first turn. I fire Dark Lances into the Rhino and immobilize it, and take its storm bolter. I dark lance some terminators and one dies. I fire all three ravagers at the dev squad, and kill one marine. my scatter was terrible the whole game. over all, an ok turn one.

Turn two, he moves everything forwards once more and pops a raider with plasma pistol fire, and with a nice shot from a ML from the scout squad. I fail the cover save and it blows up killing one warrior. his terminators are still out of range to be effective this turn, one plasma cannon overheats, but the dev marine remains unharmed.

I try to move my ravagers into the buildings to get closer, and for cover, and immobilize one. thankfully, i still have range and LOS of everything on the board that won't be taken care of by wyches. I fire more plates at the dev squad killing two this time around, and leaving the plasma marines. they pass leadership. my wych raiders move and stop right in the middle of the DC and the terminator squad. So I unload, and my haemonculi turn to start flaming. Firing on the Death Company I start rolling AP 1, 2, and 2 but take just 3 DC. On the terminators, AP 1, 6, 6 and kill one. I fire blasters at the terminators, one misses and an inv save shakes off the other. time for them to charge. Down on my edge, i let loose some fire into the second assault squad, and sadly do nothing this turn. my lances are out of LOS to hit anything, and combat yields tied results on both assaults.

Turn 3, his assault squad moves closer to me and attempts an assault on a raider, but they all miss. Combat is tied again on the death company, and I win combat on the terminators, he fails leadership, and runs. I sadly don't catch up. the missile launcher tries again at another raider, but misses and the plasma cannons both scatter off of my raiders.

This turn I unload warriors, and I move and run them to the closest objective. The warriors that were camping the objective before, I moved and ran them to another objective and I moved my last raider with a squad 24 inches backwards to get near enough to my objective that next turn I can get out and move the squad and the raider into a better firing lane... at the dev squad that don't seem to die. combat this turn is successful, I wipe out the Death Company, and one wound remains on the chaplain. I line back up to fire destructors into the terminator chaplain who ran last turn, and nothing happens... ap6 doesn't work on terminators. However I fire a Dark Lance at him and he goes poof.

Turn 4 starts with him saying he's just going to give me the game... at this point my ravagers have taken out most of the scouts from my last shooting phase, and all that is left on the board after CC is a couple assault marines... and a heavy bolter scout.

Good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment